Damaging Heat? Crunchy Gel? Sock It To ‘Em
Nothing makes me more jealous than seeing a confident woman with soft, natural looking curls. It’s not the curl, itself, that fuels my jealousy. I mean, I was Scary Spice for Halloween last year; I have no shortage of curls in my nest. Instead, it is the fact that some women can manage to have these beautiful ringlets of hair while still maintaining a soft, touchable, go-ahead-run-your-hands-through-my-hair look.
Natural looking hair is always in, and with this tactic, you can set aside the hairspray. Trust me, your mom, siblings, or roommates will thank you when you no longer leave that film of hairspray over every single surface in the bathroom.
This tactic starts and, well, ends with a single sock! Grab an old tube sock from the laundry room and follow these fool-proof steps for a flawless set of curls by morning without any heat or gel!
1. Cut off the end of the sock (the part at the toes) so you are left with a hole on each side.
2. Roll the sock into a doughnut-shape, scrunchie-like hair instrument.
3. Pull your hair into a pony tail high on the dome of your head.
4. Spritz the pony tail down with water so it is slightly damp. (This is when you hair spray addicts like me can get your fix too! Spray or mist a light dusting of hair spray if your tresses tend to be a bit unmanageable).
5. Start at the tip of the pony tail and gently wrap your hair around the sock (If you are doing it correctly, the hair will naturally begin to roll into the ring of the sock).
6. Continue this to the base of the pony tail until the entire pony tail is completely covering the sock ring. (At this point, it will resemble a ballerina bun).
7. Give it a few more spritzes of hairspray, and lay those heads to rest for the night!
8. In the morning, simply unroll the sock-ring from the pony tail, and gently take out the hair elastic. Wallaaa! Shake your head around a little, and run your fingers through your hair to separate some of the curls.
There you have it; no heat, no gel, just beauty! With this incredibly simple curling tactic, a majority of the work is done for you while you sleep! What could be more appealing then that? Nothing beats some beauty sleep so your face matches up to that impeccable mane.
If your curls look flat, and the volume and real pop behind this ‘do is M.I.A, forget the phrase “it’s not you it’s me”. It isn’t the sock’s fault. It’s you; time to trim up those ends and lighten the load on your head with a haircut from downtown pittsburgh hair salon, Verve360! Click here for a video tutorial