Tresses Tailored To Turkey Day
Well, ladies – I like food. I like food so much, in fact, that this week’s trend is a hairstyle that merely facilitates that beloved activity. Did you really expect anything different on Turkey Day? I certainly hope not!
Today it’s all about the food…well, besides the family part…and I guess the whole being thankful part. Regardless, while you’re chompin’ on your turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes, cranberry sauce, perfectly crisped asparagus, sweet potatoes, that pumpkin pie that omits heaven-like qualities, oh and that pumpkin roll that only comes around once a year, (is she seriously still talking about food?)…where was I going with this? Oh! That’s right, you gotta stay classy, of course! Chances are, you haven’t seen some members of your family for a while, and we’re not trying to have our aunts and uncles look at us and wonder where the gene pool went wrong. So, this week I have a perfect, easy, and completely functional (another food reference) hair style that will keep you looking effortlessly pretty this holiday!
The Romantic Updo’ is perfect for a few different reasons: it’s easy, looks effortless, dresses up any outfit, and it gets a majority of the hair out of your face so when you lean into your Thanksgiving steaming plate of goodness, you don’t have to worry about your messy tresses getting in the way. Yep, I went there.
How to achieve the look?
1. For you straight haired bitties out there, it’s time to whip out the curling iron and create loose curls around your entire head (you can skip a few pieces here and there since most of it will be pulled back anyways)
2. Curly headed gals- do your thang to get those curls ready
3. Once you have your loose curls ready, pull your hair back into a loose pony and secure with an elastic
4. Grab a sufficient amount of bobby pins and use your free hand to ball up the hair in the pony and hold it against your head.
5. Secure bobby pins in a completely haphazard way. It’s ok if when you pull your hand away from your head, some pieces drop – that’s what gives it the romantic, slightly messy look
6. Carefully pull out 3 to 4 strands at the crown and around your ears to frame your face
There you go! You’re looking pretty, and more importantly you’re ready to dig in! Happy Thanksgiving to all you Verve360 goers out there! Remember to stop into the salon Pittsburgh natives have dubbed one of the finest!