I’ve got my eye on you
You’ve got pallet on top of pallet of eye shadow lying around on that dresser, don’t think I don’t know it! (I mean, I have them too) Sometimes it’s just too hard to resist those new colors, those bright colors, and those glittering shadows on display. But, do you know which colors bring our your natural eye color? How about skin tone? Look no further; I’ve got you covered!
Pop them peepers! I personally love my eyes, so I like to make them stand out and you should too! Pick a color that compliments your eye color and wait for those compliments to rush in!
- Blue eyes: Go for those earthy tones like browns, purples, slate colored greys and taupe! Rose colors will also provide a nice contrast…but stay away from those blue shadows!!
- Brown eyes: Lucky you! You can get away with almost any color that you want! For the most pop though, head for those greens or pinks. If you have some gold flecks then bring that out with a gold shimmery shadow. You will flawless!
- Green/Hazel eyes: Here I go! Purple shades are the best for making your eyes pop but not everyone wants too much attention. For a more natural look warm shades of brown or colors with orange undertones will be the best.
Match to your skin! Maybe you don’t want to stress your eyes and are more concerned with bringing out your skin tone.
- Cool skin tones: Plums, mauve, pink and rosy colors are the best for you
- Warm skin tones: Corals, reds, neutral, and even brown
- Neutral skin tones: You lucky gals can wear any color and still look fabulous! (Jealous much!)
Remember to have fun though, don’t make picking colors into a laborious process or it will take all the fun out of doing your makeup! The lovely ladies and men of Verve 360, the best of the hair salons with makeup services, Pittsburgh has to offer can help you in any way they can if you have makeup questions, or if you just want a new do or a manicure to celebrate the perfect new shade of eye shadow!