Cycling the Day Away!
As gas prices continuously rise, more and more people are using bicycles as a means of transportation, but many people are using biking as a form of exercise as well. With the Tour de France coming to a close, people’s interest in bicycles and cycling has increased. My boyfriend is obssessed with the Tour de France and cycling, thus I have become very interested in it as well. Not only is cycling a great way to exercise but it is also a great way to begin living a green lifestyle.
After seeing how athletic the cyclists were in the Tour de France, I found some interesting facts about cycling:
- Using a bicycle, exercises the heart, lungs, and most muscle groups better than walking!
- Bicycling can be done anywhere, anytime, and at mostly any place! And no time is lost, you can bicycle to work, school or just for fun!
- Although the amount of calories burned can vary, leisurely biking can burn from 230 to 360 calories!
- By exercising the lungs and heart, stamina increases every time you bike!
- Not only are leg muscles exercised, the gluteus maximus and even arm muscle are worked out!
If you are out cycling around Downtown Pittsburgh, bike yourself down to Pittsburgh nail salon, Verve 360, to get a quick manicure or find out about the amazing Pilates and Yoga classes that they have to offer! These classes will stretch out the tired muscles you have from biking, and allow to develop breathing exercises to use while biking around town.